Work continues on the harbor tug. I learned the hard way that you need to take some time prepping a resin kit’s surface prior to painting. If you don’t, your hard work carefully applying a paint job will peel right off when you strip away the masking tape. I gave the parts a good soaking and scrubbing in a degreaser early on. As the model came together I then gave it an airbrush primer coat and let that sit a few days.
I had a hard time deciding what paint scheme to go with given there are so many great choices. The deep green of the Erie and NY Dock were my favorites but I was afraid the color wouldn’t stand out in photos. The faded tangerine of other lines was a favorite too but I felt that might be too visually jarring. In the end I settled on the New York Central for inspiration.